DEPC Meeting: Basics of International Estate, Gifts and Trusts
“Basics of International Estate, Gifts and Trusts”
Jack Nuckolls is the Technical Tax Leader of the U.S. BDO Private Client Services practice. Jack has more than 35 years of professional experience serving high net worth individuals, executives, closely held business owners, trusts, and estates with respect to income, estate, gift and generation skipping tax planning and compliance issues. Jack is also a U.S. representative of the BDO International Private Client Services Center of Excellence responsible for providing tax planning advice on a world-wide basis.
Jack’s extensive experience in tax planning includes:
- Estate planning and estate projections for $1.5 billion estate.
- West Coast Desk of Global Wealth Services Practice of Big 4 firm servicing international gift, trust, estate planning and tax needs of resident and non-resident aliens and US citizens.
- Planning for future distributions from $30 million “drop off grantor” offshore trust in connection with change of tax law under Small Business Act of 1996.
- Inbound planning for individual European client worth $700 million
- Planning and Compliance associated with foreign trusts and estates including informational returns forms 3520 and 3520A.
Jack is a member of the California and Oklahoma Bar Associations, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), San Francisco Tax Club, San Francisco Estate Planning Council, and State Bar of California, Estate Planning Section. He received a Master of Law in Taxation from Georgetown University and a JD from the University of Tulsa.
DEPC Bylaws Revision:
The Board has approved draft revisions to our bylaws. The link to the document is below. Some printed copies will be available at the meeting. Please review the draft and send any comments back by . We will vote on the final version at the Annual Meeting on .